Friday, June 17, 2011

Moving it up

Our wedding planning continued and Sharon was meticulously knocking off each item on our list.  I still couldn't shake the feeling that I had after the big earthquake.  Sharon's friend Jamie invited us to go to Las Vegas in mid-February.  Her family was having a birthday celebration for her grandfather.   Sharon and I decided that we would go.  In my mind I was contemplating asking her to get married during our trip there.  I remember we were having dinner and I was sitting across from her.  I remember gazing at her and thinking how lucky I was to be the one she chose to be with.  There was something definitely different about how we were together.  I started to tell her that I felt like we should get married before our August date.   She asked me what was the reason that I wanted to get married right away as we already had our date set and our arrangements completed.  I told her how I was feeling and how I felt that I didn't want to continue to live this way.  She didn't quite understand.  I told her that I felt like I had known her my whole life and there wasn't anything that we didn't know about each other.  She asked me about our wedding date in August.  I told her that we should still go through with it, but there would probably be less stress and less pressure as we would already be married.  She asked me if I was afraid she would change her mind if we waited for August.  I told her that I know that we are meant to be together and that wasn't the reason.  Sharon told me that she was in love with me and that nothing could change that.  She said that she wanted to get married as well, but didn't want to tell her family so as to not ruin the August date and she thought they would be upset with her for not including them.  So Sharon said yes, again.

I guess she was a little nervous about it all as we both talked about marriage and that for us it was forever.  We both agreed that it was permanent and a commitment that was not to be taken lightly.  I didn't know until some time later, but she went to see an old boyfriend.  It was her boyfriend before the one she had when we got together.  That was her serious one and she went to get closure.  I guess there was no definitive ending when things had cooled.  He was friend's with one of Sharon's close friends and he was upset that she went to see him.  Sharon's friend told him that she just wanted closure.  With that out of the way,  Sharon began to plan for our Las Vegas wedding.  She began researching possible sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment